Erasmus+ Programme

Incoming Students






CS Massotti's Erasmus+ Charter (2014-2020)

CS Massotti's Erasmus Policy Statement


Erasmus+ Programme Guide

issued by the European Commission

Erasmus+ Student Charter

issued by the European Commission

(Highlights of the rights and obligations of the Erasmus+ students)

Of interest:

Rights of the mobile students in the EU

Erasmus Student Network (ESN)

Student Guidebook

by the Erasmus Student Network



What you need to know...


Visa and residence permit: see section 10.

1. Partner institutions

See here a list of partner institutions of the Massotti Higher Conservatory (CS Massotti).

If your institution is not on the list, please ask your institution's Erasmus Coordinator about the possibility of signing an agreement with the CS Massotti.


2. CS Massotti Erasmus Office

     Conservatorio Superior Massotti - Erasmus

     Calle Alcalde Gaspar de la Peña, 9

     30004 Murcia



     Erasmus Coordinator:

     Prof. Rosario Jódar García


3. Application (please, only via e-mail to

3.1 Deadline: 30th of April (no matter it be for the first/second semester or for the whole academic year).

3.2 Requeriments:

Please, send the following with your application e-mail:

     - Student's application form with photo.

     - Learning agreement in draft.

     - Curriculum vitae.

     - Performers and conductors: link(s) to a recording of two works of different styles, or files attached to the

           application e-mail (video, if possible).

       Composers: two original scores (pdf format).

       For Musicology and Music Education: an original paper in Spanish (pdf format), on a topic chosen by

           the applicant (2500 words, approx.).


4. Study plan

At present, the CS Massotti offers first cycle studies (Bachelor) only. The studies last four years, with 60 credits (ECTS) each.

The study plan is organized in five main fields: Composition, Conducting (Choir or Orchestra), Music Education, Musicology and Performing (instruments and Singing).

See the charts of subjects for each of the main fields.


5. Language

Incoming students are expected to have a proper level of Spanish, specially if they have to attend theoretical subjects. Most of professors can speak English, and there is no problem to use this language in performing classes (individual lessons, chamber music, choir,...), but this option is quite unlikely in theoretical group classes.


6. Academic calendar

The CS Massotti academic year comprises 36 weeks, and is divided into two terms of 18 weeks each (Christmas and Easter holidays -2 weeks each- are not counted here).

The first term runs from the third or fourth week of September to the first half of February. The second one covers from the second half of February to June 30. A preview of the academic calendar is published here by the end of June.


7. Insurances

Incoming students are expected to have a proper insurance covering common illness and accidents while living in Spain. See here information on the European Health Insurance Card, and ask your country's Health Authority.

A third party liability insurance and an insurance covering repatriation expenses are also recommended.


8. Housing

The CS Massotti will guide incoming students in finding accommodation.


9. Living costs

Indicative prices (VAT included), as of March 2019:


   - Individual room in a shared flat: 150.00 € to 250.00 € per month.


   - Breakfast (CS Massotti cafeteria): 1.80 € to 2.50 € aprox. Cafeterias in the city: 2.00 € to 3.50 € aprox.

   - Lunch (CS Massotti cafeteria): 5.50 €. Cafeterias in the city: 10.00 € to 15.00 € aprox. (today's menu).

   - Dinner: if you do not want to cook, try "tapas" or "bocadillos" to have dinner anywhere from 5.00 € aprox.

     (one drink included). Popular restaurants: from 15.00 € aprox.


   City buses (TM red buses):

         - Single ticket: 1.05 €

         - Student card (Bonobús estudiante):

               Personal and non-transferable card valid for 30 days (no travel limit): 20.40 €

               Card issuance (only with the first purchase): 1.00 €

         - General information here [in Spanish].

   Villages in the metropolitan area and municipality of Murcia (Latbus yellow buses):

         - Single tickets: prices (from 1.85 €) depend on destination.

         - Student cards: prices depend on destination and number of trips.

         - General information here [in Spanish; click on Bonobús link].

   Combined transport card (tricolor card valid for red buses, yellow buses, and tram to malls/football stadium/

   universities campuses):

         - Student card (BonoMurcia estudiante):

               Personal and non-transferable rechargeable wallet card.

               Card issuance (only with the first purchase): 1.00 €

               Loads from 5.00 € (minimum) to 30.00 € (maximum)

               Travel fares (charged to the tricolor wallet card):

                    First red-bus/tram trip: 0.50 €

                    Transfer red-bus tram: 0.35 €

                    Transfer red-bus/tram yellow bus: 0.70 €

         - General information here [in Spanish].


   - Theatre: from 10.00 € to 40.00 € aprox.

   - Concerts (pop, jazz, flamenco...): from 10.00 € to 30.00 € aprox.

   - Concerts (classical music): from 10.00 € to 50.00 € aprox. (student tickets from 6.00 €)

   - Going out: ............ (Did you really expect us to tell you how much you might spend??? Be careful anyway!).


10. Visa and residence permit

10.1 Students who are citizens of a EU country, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzeland.

     - To enter Spain, you need either a passport or an identity card stating your nationality (both documents

       must be valid and in force).

     - You need not a residence permit. Nevertheless, if you are going to stay in Spain more than 90 days,

       you must personally request your registration in the Central Registry of Foreigners.

       The request must be submitted to the Office for Foreigners in Murcia (see location here), within three

       months from the date of your entry into Spain.

     - Applying for registration is easy. You will need:

              * Your passport or identity card (valid and in force), with a copy. If the document is expired, a copy

                of it and the request for renewal must be provided.

              * Accreditation of your status as an "Erasmus student" (it will be provided by the CS Massotti Erasmus


              * Application form EX-18 (when filled, print two copies). [Document in Spanish].

              * To pay a fee. Find the payment document here [Document in Spanish].  

                                       Ask the CS Massotti Erasmus Coordinator for assitance if

                                       you need some help to fill out the documents in Spanish.

     The Office for Foreigners will immediately provide you with a certificate of registration bearing your

     name, nacionality, address in Murcia, a foreigner identification number (NIE), and the date of registration.

10.2 Students who are NOT citizens of a EU country, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland.

              We are preparing a summary of relevant information. In the meanwhile, please refer to

              a Spanish consulate or check the website on immigration of the Government of Spain [in Spanish].

              Sorry for the inconvenience.


11. Also interesting

City of Murcia touristic information.

Región de Murcia touristic information.